We have an exciting opportunity for an Android Developer within our digital hub in London. Can you take code quality to new heights? Harness the full potential of our current technologies, while finding new and better ways of developing our products? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Costa is the nation’s favourite coffee shop and the largest and fastest growing coffee shop chain in the UK.
Our apps team focuses on providing innovative features to our customers through the Costa Coffee Club app. Recently, we’ve rolled out our Click and Collect feature to over 100 stores in London and are expanding to additional stores across the UK. We have a lot of exciting features on our roadmap. There has never been a more exciting time to join our apps team at Costa Coffee!
What you will be doing:
- Working as an integral part of the Costa Apps team to deliver across the entire product lifecycle from conception to build, release and maintenance
- Provide support for the Costa Coffee Club app and its users, to continuously deliver bug-fixes, improvements and new features
- Working within an Agile environment, participating in our scrum events; planning and estimation, daily scrums, sprint reviews / demos, and retrospectives
- Collaborating as a member of the team undertaking the shared commitment towards completion of the team’s sprint goals to the definition of done
- Accepting joint responsibility with the team for converting the product backlog into ‘done’ releasable increments
The ideal candidate:
- Skilled at using Swift 4+ and Xcode 10+ to build native iOS and watchOS applications
- Experienced in building Universal Apps that support different layouts for iPhone and iPad
- Deep knowledge of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and their Programming Guidelines
- Deep knowledge of the iOS 12+ SDK and its frameworks (CoreData, UIKit etc)
- Experienced applying appropriate software design patterns and SOLID principles to code they write
- Regularly writes unit tests using XCTest
- Practices continuous integration and is experienced at using git for source control
- Has exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Is able to inspire team members, and bring fresh ideas
Awesome to have:
- Experience using RxSwift & RxCocoa, and reactive programming
- Experience writing UI tests using XCUITest
- Previous experience building iOS apps with Objective-C
What we want to give you
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Join the Costa Pension Scheme
- BUPA Healthcare
- 25% discount off Costa Coffee – but free when you’re working of course!
- Incentives, bonus, development and career opportunities