Our client, a leading brand in the property management industry, are seeking a motivated, energetic and independent Building Manager to head up a team running a 56,000 sqft commercial office building in Central Leeds. Their on-site teams are responsible for providing a range of first class support to their clients, and the successful candidate would take over complete control of the on-site team which includes receptionist, security staff, maintenance and cleaners, as well as 3rd party contractors.
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to work for a leading brand
- A central location
- A chance to work for a growing company
- A very competitive salary
As Building Manager you will be:
- Promoting high level of satisfaction among occupiers and clients by promptly responding to their service requirements. Also assuring prompt response by other team members and selected contractors.
- Providing support to line manager and building occupiers as required.
- Ensures compliance with the companies minimum standards, policies and procedures.
- Acting as an ambassador for the business by maintaining an impeccable telephone manner and delivering a high level of service at all times.
- Developing and implementing an FM strategy including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements.
- Managing and tracking service charge expenditure and advising tenants on any required adjustments.
- Maintaining the highest standard of building management and cleanliness in all communal areas.
- Managing and reviewing service contracts.
- Conducting regular reviews of contractor performance.
- Advising on and monitoring energy usage in the building to drive efficiencies.
- Assisting the Facilities Manager in developing a close working relationship with all contractors to ensure they fully understand the company culture and standards, ensuring a high quality service is delivered.
- Managing tenant fit out programmes ensuring contractors programmes are effectively managed while managing snagging projects.
- Take an active role in developing occupier community and contributing to the execution of regular tenant engagement strategies.
Building Manager Requirements:
- Proven experience in similar environment
- Customer Service experience
- Good working knowledge of H&S, environmental and statutory regulation
- Good communicator with all stakeholders
- Strong clerical and administrative skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Microsoft
- Service Charge management and budgeting
- IOSH essential, NEBOSH desirable
If you have Building Management experience and are looking to work in an exciting and progressive organisation where delivering good customer service is of paramount importance, then this could be the role for you! Our client is looking to interview for the position within the next 7 days so please apply ASAP.