JOB TITLE: Access System Engineer
POSTING END DATE:
LOCATION: UK - Gaydon
LINE MANAGER: Bastien Cagnac
Jaguar Land Rover is harnessing technology to make driving smarter, safer and cleaner. You can help create a world in which responsible, sustainable vehicles revolutionise the driving experience for generations. Our vision is to leverage the incredible potential of technology to build vehicles that not only offer a premium, all-encompassing digital experience, but that also make our customers lives better.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This role is responsible for supporting the definition; development and delivery of harmonised systems solutions, for the Access system (vehicle locking, bonnet, tailgate and side door apertures system). Working across multiple teams, including our systems engineering team in Budapest, you will drive the systems activities to produce robust and integrated system designs to project deadlines.
You will support the system owner utilising the systems engineering process and documentation to define customer and system level requirements, producing logical architectures and behavioural models as well as the verification and validation of the systems integration into the vehicles.
WHAT YOU'LL EXPECT
In this position, you will be supporting the technical leadership of the system design and delivery, aiding the development to System expert for Jaguar Land Rover ensuring full supporting documentation is available. As well as this, the successful candidate will be responsible for the system functional and physical architecture definition.
Another key responsibility of this role is systems integration and delivery across the range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles - on top of ensuring synergy and compatibility with all other interacting systems.
With support from the wider systems team as appropriate:
- Define the customer level requirements for agreed features through the application of Use Case Analysis and requirements elicitation and derivation. Produce and review Feature Statement of Intent (FSOI), for agreed features
- Utilise system engineering process and principles, to define and document logical systems designs o Produce and review LADs and SRDs for agreed features. Ensure the designs are harmonised and included in the JLR Function library.
- Adhere to the defined systems engineering process and manage content through the standardised JLR toolset
A successful Access system engineer you will provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics - relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components. These are including issue resolution and objective data analysis. You will also be required to work with Technical Specialists and Research Engineering to achieve these goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector
- Experience of electro-mechanical systems design (incl. electronic control models, network architectures, diagnostics)
- Requirements Management
- Good verbal and written communications, experience of document authoring and review
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills. Confident in engaging with a wide range of stakeholders and driving progress through regular meetings and reviews
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering principals and process with relevant experience of system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
- A system thinking mind-set
- Relevant component knowledge
- Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
- Experience of electrical systems or software control models
- Model based engineering experience including knowledge of systems modelling language
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.