Are you an experienced Cost Manager ready to take on an Associate level role? Are you ready to take on more responsibilities and grow a team of your own? Have experience in the residential, education or corporate real estate sectors? Then keep reading!
A leading construction consultancy firm are looking for a talented Associate Cost Manager to join their team in Leeds. You will join a very established team of 90 consultants working across a range of impressive projects with an enviable client list.
Ideally, you'll already be operating at a senior level with 5+ years' experience in a consultancy environment, be client facing with the ability to deliver commissions of varying scale and complexity in the higher education sector.
With a strong pipeline of prestigious projects and clients this is an amazing opportunity for a technically strong individual to help grow the team and develop their career further.
- Ability to deliver and manage the provision of Cost Consultancy services on major or complex projects from inception to handover
- Act as day to day lead on projects, providing service delivery, demonstrating your role as a key stakeholder and first point of contact
- Responsible for pre and post project commercial management and reporting
- Prepare Client cost reports and report on change during the life of a project
- Have an awareness of project costs outside of direct Construction (design, supervision, land, statutory undertakers, employer direct)
- Development of Client relationships and Key Account Management
- Ability and desire to generate repeat business and win new work
- Extensive experience of various forms of Building Contract including JCT and NEC
- Ability to communicate effectively with both Clients and Internal Staff
- Experience of running small teams either project or internal team management (preferable)
- Provide guidance, leadership, mentoring and technical expertise to team members
- Experienced in the provision of Employers Agent services (preferable)
- Detailed knowledge of construction costs and market conditions
- Manage commercial aspects of commissions including governance, fee management.
- Ability to prepare fee proposals and bid submissions
- Manage workload and project resources
- Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues
- Significant experience in the property/buildings construction sectors
- MRICS or similar accreditation
- Ideally 5+ years working in a professional consultancy environment
- Client facing experience, including working with clients on a commission/project basis and the ability to work closely with multiple stakeholders
- Have a full breadth of cost management experience from initial feasibility and giving high level cost advice, through cost planning at various design stages, procurement experience, and a proven ability to control costs post contract
- In-depth working knowledge of JCT and/or NEC contracts
- Proficient in electronic forms of measurement and associated cost planning software (CostX, CATO/ Causeway, etc)
- Working knowledge of new rules of measurement (NRM)
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other role-related software packages
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to oversee a team on commissions/projects/programmes
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop
- Full autonomy and flexibility to work from home
- Excellent work/life balance with an extremely high offering of annual leave