1. Working within the FCAS Digital Engineering Team to develop, deploy and evolve the engineering processes, technology, people and culture required by your capability area required to deliver the FCAS programme across the international partners.
2. Exploring, developing, testing and deploying engineering tools, methods and processes and training to enable improvements in engineering performance in areas such as data/models creation, analysis, management, governance, interoperability and the integrat
3. Exploring new toolset capabilities and how these can be applied in the future to the Design of Air's products and services and define how these can be integrated with other engineering discipline tools and data sets to establish a digital thread' through
4. Ensuring alignment with the overall FCAS Digital Engineering Roadmap to achieve an integrated, end-to-end FCAS product development system.
5. Co-designing and delivering the product development solution (processes, methods, tools, technology, people, data) alongside software vendor partners, internal engineering function and project stakeholders and other product owners.
6. Executing proof-of-concept and proof-of-value demonstrations - providing condifence that the new product development approach meets the time and cost goals for the FCAS Programme.
7. Contributing to business change, incluidng communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, building coalitions and creating urgency
8. Multidisciplinary working with all the Engineering Disciplines and adjacent Functions
9. Liaising with international and UK partners to discuss, agree and deploy a solution works across the whole FCAS enterprise.
10. Liaising with the lines of business deployed engineers, IT Infrastructure support and business capability projects to optimise the delivery of Engineering capability.
_1. Experience of different stages of the Product Lifecycle - Concept Design through to Integration and Test (Highly Desirable)
2. Development of processes, methods and toolsets used in the product development process (Highly Desirable)
3. Ability to analyse information and apply engineering judgement to solve problems (Essential)
4. Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, visualisation or modelling, to managers, peers and external parties (Essential)
5. Experience in more than one area of an disciplines sub-disciplines (Essential)
6. Experience of more than one Complex Systems, System of Systems, Air Vehicle System programme or project (Desirable)
7. Experience in articulating statements of work and planning and delivery of activities to meet schedules (Desirable)
8. Experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment influencing adjacent Engineering disciplines and other Stakeholders (Highly Desirable)
9. Be comfortable working with ambiguity, challenging established thinking, innovating, creating new ways of working and leading change (Essential)
10. Professional Qualification: Relevant Engineering/STEM degree (BEng or Higher) (Essential)
11. Professional Registration: CEng (Highly Desirable)
12. At least 5 years experience in an Engineering Discipline role (Highly Desirable)