We're looking for a Digital Display & Prog Director to join our growing team! This role calls for a digital media enthusiast who is passionate about using data and creativity to drive client business performance. In this role you will be responsible for managing and reporting on both self-service and direct buy campaigns delivered across a multitude of channels (display, video, audio, CTV, DOOH, native, mobile, and more).
Our team will want to hear about your experience working with media partners directly, as well as from a self-service POV, including your ability to set up advanced audience strategies and your approach to quality control. We'll also want you to tell us about how you have used experimentation to deliver business outcomes.
So, tell me about the company
Brainlabs is an experimentation-led agency famed for its world-class company culture. We seek to create an environment where everyone is excited to come to work and contribute to our two-fold mission:
- To change the future of digital advertising
- To build the best company to work for
For more info why not take a look at our company handbook ( ) and our employer pledge ( ) which sets out our aim to be remarkable in diversity and inclusion, team spirit, client work, career progression, and fun!
What this job is:
- Hands-on! You will be working in the nuts and bolts of managing campaigns on behalf of clients
- Collaborative! Every day, you'll communicate with your team and media partners on the best strategies to implement. Brainlabers love sharing ideas!
- Exploratory! We have an experimentation mindset and use a test-and-learn approach as we explore the best programmatic ideas!
What this job isn't:
- Boring! In this role you will challenge and accelerate the self and managed service display capabilities of a variety of different brands
- Stagnant! As our agency expands, career progression opportunities are abundant!
Give me a breakdown of what a Display & Prog Director at Brainlabs does:
Client Responsibilities (50%):
- Work with client and agency stakeholders to understand campaign media and business objectives
- Develop and present integrated, omnichannel self and direct buy digital display strategy and media plans, leveraging DSPs and industry partners for innovative, cutting edge approaches
- Collaborate with planning, strategy and data analytics strategy/science to deliver best-in-class activation plans
- Propose and provide rationales for audience, format, bidding and measurement tactics that meet campaign and business objectives
- Use critical thinking skills to anticipate and manage potential risks that will arise
- Communicate these to stakeholders on a regular basis and ensure decisions are made quickly and effectively
- Make data-driven recommendations that beat client goals and expectations and foster our "test and learn" methodology
- Build clear testing roadmaps to drive forwards performance
- Conduct forecasting exercises to inform budget recommendations
- Responsible for the project management and delegation of relevant activities within your Hive, ensuring we fulfil client contracts, promised strategy and agreed SLA's
- Ensure budgets, optimizations, and performance are executed and aligned with client goals and Brainlabs global best practices
- Support with deck creation for business reviews, cohesively tying in a performance, strategic approach and story
Leadership Responsibilities (50%):
- Manage digital display and Programmatic Traders workloads and strive for near-perfect planning, activation and optimisation delivery
- Collaborate, support, and work closely with other Brainlabs units to ensure efficient workflow, and realize cross-functional opportunities and enhancements
- Implement process improvements and create tooling to automate and improve the efficiency of day-to-day tasks
- Understand the programmatic landscape by staying current on industry and platform capabilities and apply your growing knowledge to drive diversification of platform and partner usage across your client base
What we really want:
- Great energy, confidence, and passion for working in a fast-growing company that aims to transform the advertising industry
- Curious and inquisitive - know how platforms work and more importantly, know how to game them! Know how partners work to maximise innovation and performance!
- You care about your team
- No task is below you
- You have experience working both collaboratively and independently
- You have strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking abilities
- You take initiative communicating with co-workers and asking questions
- You may not have all the answers, but you know how to get them
- You enjoy a fast-paced environment and are able to pivot quickly when priorities change
- You love to learn and try new things
- You are able to assess both client and company needs to make good choices
- You enjoy sharing knowledge with your team members
What particular set of skills would suit this role?
- Experience managing self and managed service digital display campaigns for a variety of clients (DSP, ad network, agency trading desk, Hearst, Conde Nast etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on client experience
- Experience managing a team
- Hands on experience and relevant certifications from working with Google Marketing technologies: Campaign Manager 360 (CM360), Display Video 360 (DV360), Google
- Analytics 360 (GA360), etc.
- Experience with PMP negotiation and setup
- Experience and/or exposure to trafficking and ad operations
- Experience with A/B and/or Multivariate testing concepts
- Ideally, you'll have experience in leading data-driven media technology (for example, but not limited to; Liveramp, Customer Match, Epsilon, Acxiom
- Experience with ad verification and brand safety tools (IAS, DoubleVerify, Moat)
- Confidence in Excel/Google Sheets and the ability to organize and consolidate multiple data sources for analysis (i.e. pivot tables and macros)
- A proactive and creative problem solver with excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- A high degree of accuracy, vigilance and attention to detail
- Proven ability and appetite to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience with reporting & data visualization tools, especially PowerBI and Data Studio, but not limited to Datorama, Google Analytics and Tableau
- Strong analytical, data interpretation and research skills
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High professional standards and a commitment to service and operational excellence
How will I know I'm doing it right?
We evaluate every Brainlabbers' performance on how they live our four core values in addition to their work quality. As far as work quality for this role, you will be evaluated on client satisfaction and self and managed service display knowledge!
What's in it for you?
- An adaptive working policy which means you can be fully office-based or a balance of both office and remote
- 27 days paid holiday, 8 days (optional) unpaid holiday, 3 paid charity days, plus bank holidays
- Option to change your religious holidays
- Super-enhanced maternity & paternity leave
- Health & dental insurance
- Wellness subsidy
- Free food all day in the office, which includes lunch
- Dogs welcomed
- We also plant a tree for all new Brainlabbers!
What happens next?
We know searching for a job is tough and that you want to find the best career and employer for you. We also want to ensure that this position is the best fit for both you and us. Therefore, you will participate in a comprehensive interview process that includes skills interviews with our team. The goal of this process is to allow you to get to know us as we learn more about you.
Brainlabs actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities. More specifically, our equal opportunities and diversity monitoring data indicates that we under-represent BIPOC ethnic groups, so we actively encourage applications from BIPOC candidates.
Thank you for your interest in Brainlabs! We look forward to getting to know you!
Brainlabs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace: we are committed to equal opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the application process, please let us know when speaking with a member of the Recruitment Team.