Job Title: Enviromental Manager
Location: Birmingham 5 days per week on site
Salary/Rate: Up to £450 per day Inside IR35
Start Date: 06/09/22
Job Type: Contract
Environmental Manager is immediately required by global construction and development client for Highways project based on-site in Birmingham.
- Assist in the production of planning permission for schemes (review of environmental documentation eg, environmental statement, flood modelling, noise modelling, ecology surveys etc.
- Provide advice, support and assistance to operational and project personnel to enable them to deliver and manage their environmental and sustainable responsibilities and objectives
- Assist the OU Sustainability Manager and wider Infrastructure environmental team in any best practice initiatives and delivering ad-hoc improvement projects
- Assist in the development and delivery of suitable environmental and sustainability training for all project staff
- Represent and promote the Environment Enabling Function in internal and external meetings, workshops, management reviews and forums - communicating best practice standards and initiatives
- Act as company environmental representative and lead with clients, local authority, and regulators, facilitating communication and collaboration
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Degree level in appropriate Environmental or relevant discipline
- At least 5 years' construction industry experience or relevant environmental experience in a similar sector
- Minimum Practitioner Membership with IEMA or similar professional membership
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in Microsoft Word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally. Please see our website for our full diversity statement.