Could you be an Estimator for Eximious Furniture? You will be a valuable member of our hardworking, bespoke furniture and joinery family.
EstimatorLeicestershire, LE10 3DS
- Full time, permanent
- Salary negotiable dependent on experience
- Some travel required
Please Note: Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK
Eximious design, manufacture and install bespoke corporate furniture and joinery. Delivering specialist joinery and fit out contracts, we have worked on some of the most prestigious commercial projects in London over our 20-year history. Our commercial reputation for quality is replicated in our team commitment ensuring every project is designed, manufactured, and installed with distinction.
About the Estimator role:
From first point of contact to site survey and maintaining communications with the client, the role of Estimator is critical to the success of every project.
The role will involve:
- Providing accurate and detailed quotes for bespoke joinery items from drawings, specifications, and client instructions
- Performing site surveys, obtaining accurate measurements, and drawing up plans to present to the design team
- Liaising with the team on tender submissions
- Effective communication with clients, ensuring expectation and practicality are balanced
- Taking a design brief and offering value engineering solutions
- Reviewing subcontractor and supplier quotations
- Ordering materials (such as metal, glass, and stone) and services as required
- Carrying out final negotiations, track project variations, and compile final accounts
- Improving the efficiency of the process from enquiry to proposal
- Reviewing drawings ensuring accurate reflection of the quote, any potential cost savings and they remain within requirements
- Attending and participating in production and site meetings, ensuring actions are relayed and completed
- Issuing production orders and monitoring costs/spend
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of the joinery industry in a pre-contracts/estimating role
- A good understanding of joinery construction
- Familiarity with bought in sub-contract suppliers
- The ability to work on multiple tenders and quotations at any one time
- Willingness to travel as required (UK based), visiting sites (CSCS card would be an advantage)
- A flexible, self-starter approach with the ability to prioritise.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- An understanding of CAD (ability to draw would be an advantage)
- Good general IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
How to apply for the role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click "apply" today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
Other suitable skills and experience includes Manufacturing, Construction, Sales, Sales Assistant, Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Sales Administrator