This role seeks a skilled generalist HR Manager to direct a management team within a well-established industrial / manufacturing environment in Manchester. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing HR strategies that support business objectives, foster workplace culture, and promote diversity and equality.
Our client is a global leader in the industrial / manufacturing sector. With a workforce of over 500 employees globally, the UK site is 110. The company maintains a strong presence in Manchester, where it continues to drive innovation and sustainable growth.
Responsible for but not limited too:
- Report into the Eu / AP HR Director, local site and business leaders to develop communications and actions to lead and manage change.
- Developing site policies in keeping in line with legislation's
- Commercially aware
- Support local site management in negotiating changes to collective bargaining agreements, including the periodic wage negotiations.
- Manage all aspect of the employment cycle
- Responsible for end to end site recruitment within the UK business
- Responsible for Employee Relations across the UK business
- Guide and coach line managers for disciplinary, grievance issues ensuring best practice.
- Manage employee benefit programs
- Manage projects to promote the health and well-being, employee engagement, DE&I and more.
- L&D programmes to promote progression, create staff retention and company culture
- Identify process and system improvements.
A successful HR Manager should have:
- Experience within a similar role within management for 5 + years
- CIPD L7 - Human Resources degree or equivalent.
- Highly computer literate with good all round Microsoft Office skills, but especially Excel
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases - preferred HR system ADP
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Up to date and strong knowledge of HR legal requirements.
- Experience within a TU environment
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Proven planning and organisation skills
- Competitive annual salary: £55,000 - £60,000.
- Opportunity to work in a global, innovative industrial / manufacturing company.
- An inclusive work environment that values diversity and fosters a culture of professional growth.
- A great location for commuting.
- Flexible working