This is a Resource Planning Manager for a large 3rd Party Logistics Centre in Southampton. You will be planning volume of throughput for the warehouse and people resources to ensure the right people are in the right place at the right time.
In addition to capacity planning, you will drive operational and performance statistics to enable reporting that will help improve efficiency across the site.
As you will manage teams, a strong and proven leadership capability is essential for this role, bringing together inbound and outbound scheduling activities to ensure a smooth flow of work through the operation.
This planning role co-ordinates inbound shipments from local and international ports and then the scheduling of onward outbound deliveries from the warehouse to retailers. It requires forecasting and scheduling through analytics and people management. Some of the specific s are:
- Provide short, medium and long term strategic planning
- Co-ordinate inbound and outbound shipments using analytics
- Work across a number of teams, eg Client management, finance, warehouse, to forecast and constantly challenge and review the forecast
- Develop and manage a capacity planning tool for resource scheduling purposes
- Drive operational excellence and efficiency improvements
- Develop and monitor operational KPIs and provide a dashboard with commentary on workforce performance
You will need experience in a fast paced eCommerce operation / distribution centre / logistics environment.
Specific to the role, you will have a brilliant attention to detail and natural curiosity and capability in creating analytical insight, using Workforce Management, BI and WMS systems and have and strong knowledge of forecasting methods and formulas.
In addition to the analytical capability you will be a people leader, have a good commercial acumen and enjoy coordinating projects/driving change.
As we are anticipating a large volume of applications we regret that we will be unable to respond to individual applications. Please assume that if we have not contacted you within 3 working days that your application has not been successful on this occasion.