You'll do more than the expected. You'll do the unexpected.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join , you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Are you an experienced risk manager who's looking for a new challenge? Are you someone who is motivated to do a brilliant job for their colleagues and customers? Do you enjoy a dynamic, collaborative work environment where you can make a mark? Are you passionately curious with an impulse to seek new information and experiences and explore novel possibilities? If you've answered 'yes' to any or all the above, then you could be just who I am looking for!
International Operational Excellence is a newly expanded organization, responsible for supporting our international Issuing and our international Acquiring businesses across 27+ markets in ensuring a robust first line of defense, and in playing an active role in supporting the Business meet its growth objectives whilst demonstrating an effective control framework.
Our organization helps our international businesses manage risk, respond to new regulation, and develop new products whilst creating and nurturing effective partnerships across multiple key stakeholders across the organisation. The organisation also leads an enterprise-wide International Financial Crimes Transformation program and is building an international first line privacy function designed to strengthen our enterprise-wide controls around privacy and information protection.
The Issue Management, Third-Party Risk and European Outsourcing team works with our international markets and regional OE teams to drive robust risk management, strong controls and identify risk prevention opportunities. This includes operating a PMO to manage programme deliverables, risks and issues and analysing and interpreting data and management information to develop and drive action to improve the control environment. It will also require strong project management skills to implement policy changes and manage loss events in a way that adds value and minimises impact to our customers and business.
Whilst the role will be primarily assigned within the Issue Management, European Outsourcing Third-Party Risk programmes, there may be a requirement to support other operational risk programmes and initiatives depending on priorities and demand.
The position will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that risk is managed in line with regulatory & AXP policy expectations. The successful candidate will be required to collaborate closely with business and OE leaders to ensure that policy requirements and enterprise expectations are embedded in International Card Services
- Raising awareness and educating our business on issue management and operational risk program requirements and identify and drive improvements to ensure robust risk management for the business
- Conducting data analysis across large and multiple data sets to identify trends and emerging risk
- Ensuring risks and issues are managed promptly and effectively, with appropriate escalation, root causes identified, and prevention plans to evidence ongoing risk mitigation and reduction
- Developing & driving key strategic projects through inception to deployment
- Leadership of other operational risk programmes and activities as required
- Leadership of one or more team members
- Understanding of risk management principles and practices, with the ability to challenge the status quo
- Proven project management skills with expertise prioritizing and successfully leading a team to drive implementation of multiple complex initiatives in a matrixed environment
- Highly analytical with critical thinking and quick decision-making skills. Ability to analyse large sets of data and use it to tell stories
- Excellent interpersonal skills including collaborating and influencing abilities with ability to operate successfully across the matrix, and at all band levels
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability and resiliency
- Ability to deal with ambiguity coupled with a strong will to win and a positive attitude
- Strong communication skills to convey strategic insight and thought leadership in identifying emerging risk and to deliver high quality, actionable feedback to leadership
- Confidence in decision-making in complex and ambiguous situations; comfortable troubleshooting and aligning conflicting interests in a professional outcome-focused manner
- Strong Excel and Power Point skills
- Language skills - Spanish, French, other - as this role will support international markets
- Knowledge of operational risk policies and programmes
- People leadership experience or equivalent
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on