Are you looking to make an impact in your next role and be part of building something? My client, a small but rapidly growing business and front runner in the specialised area of vacuum excavation services within construction industry, is looking to hire a National Sales Manager to come in and spearhead their sales initiatives, helping to drive their expansion into high-value sectors, including airports, power generation, gas distribution, and military sites.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Director, this role demands a strong blend of industry expertise, strategic sales acumen, and the ability to build and maintain client relationships. You ll be working collaboratively across the business, with other divisions, delivering customer success and profitable revenue and ultimately be a key part in this family-owned company s continued growth and evolution.
- Sales Pipeline Development: Lead the identification and pursuit of high-value clients within targeted construction sectors.
- Sales Strategy and Execution: Collaborate closely with the Commercial Director to craft and implement sales strategies, leveraging your industry knowledge to drive revenue.
- Client Relationship Management: Drive revenue by expanding existing client relationships while actively pursuing new business opportunities.
- Sales Process Development: Assist in establishing and documenting effective sales processes and customer relationship procedures through helping to implement a CRM system for the business.
- Vehicle utilisation: Be accountable for driving full vehicle utilisation at the most competitive day rate.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven track record in sales, preferably within the construction industry, showcasing a deep understanding of construction processes and the dynamics of high-value projects and the teams involved, on and off site.
- Proficiency in sales planning, forecasting, and analysis of financial data. Comfort and familiarity with CRM systems and Microsoft Suite.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deliver high quality presentations to clients and at industry events.
- Self-starting mindset with the capability to contribute to the establishment of a sales function from its inception.
- Proactive in nature with the ability to take the initiative at the right time with the right people to drive business forward.
- The ability to naturally build a positive rapport with a range of different stakeholders and nurture strong client and customer relationships.
- A collaborative, team player who simply enjoys getting stuck in
- Comfortable with flexibility within the roles working hours to build successful client/customer relationships within this fluid industry
Why Join Us?
- Pioneering Industry Leader: Join a trailblazing company at the forefront of the most profitable and high-growth sectors in construction, setting benchmarks for innovation and profitability.
- Impactful Sales Role: Spearhead the expansion into high-value sectors, influencing the company's growth trajectory and shaping the industry's evolution.
- Rewarding Compensation Package: Competitive market-based salary coupled with quarterly commission based on profitable sales and asset utilization, along with additional benefits such as a car allowance or electric vehicle, private medical insurance, and a pension scheme.
- Autonomy and Growth Potential: Operate with a high level of autonomy, benefiting from on the ground training, working for and learning from arguably one of the best sales professionals in the industry
- Influence and Innovation: Be a part of a company dedicated to driving industry change, where your efforts will play a significant role in shaping the company's success and impact on the construction landscape.
Primarily office-based in Doncaster with frequent travel to client sites nationwide and client head offices, where necessary to drive sales initiatives.