We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Our Private Business team specialise in advising privately owned businesses, wealthy individuals, families and their businesses and private equity backed portfolio companies on managing their company tax affairs in the UK and abroad. Collaboration with other areas of the business enables us to work holistically with clients to find solutions to achieve their plans.
Our curious minds and collaborative spirit enables us to work together, helping clients navigate the ever changing tax landscape. As part of the team you'll be actively encouraged to consult, to share specialist knowledge and new ideas as we continue to innovate to deliver best in class service.
You will be attached to our Bristol and Cardiff offices and will be responsible for the delivery of tax advisory services which include managing all aspects of the client relationship with privately or family owned businesses, private equity portfolio companies and business owners on a broad range of complex matters. Projects will be varied and wide ranging so prior experience is essential. You will receive full support from our team of Partners and Directors and from internal technical specialists based in the region and nationally.
Specific responsibilities include:
- We are looking to recruit Senior Associates with significant and varied experiences of advising privately owned businesses, wealthy individuals, families and their businesses and private equity backed portfolio companies on managing their company tax affairs
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Developing effective working relationships with both our interesting clients (including many well-known brands) and internal stakeholders, collaborating with other teams across the firm when delivering projects.
- Maintaining relevant tax knowledge, staying current with technical developments including changes in tax law and legislation.
- Advising clients and internal stakeholders on the latest tax technical issues.
- Supervising, coaching and providing regular feedback to juniors within the team while keeping more senior stakeholders updated on progress.
- Opportunities to work directly with a broad range of experienced Private Business and Private client Directors and Managers, locally, nationally and across the PwC Network
- We provide personal and business tax services to individuals, families with an international footprint as well as their trusts within a broad range of industry areas. This includes a broad range of complex cross-border tax consulting including the changes to non-domicile rules, trust and estate planning, partnerships, investment management, international relocation as well as general income tax and capital gains tax planning and tax compliance services. .
- Being part of a growing team, helping to identify and develop new opportunities, including involvement in developing new client relationships
Essential skills and experience
- Practice-trained finance professional, with relevant qualification (e.g. ACA/ACCA/CTA).
- Relevant and up-to-date UK tax knowledge - experience of tax issues facing privately or family owned businesses, private equity portfolio companies and business owners
- You will be expected to deepen and drive the technical understanding of a particular area of private client or private business taxation such as trusts, succession or corporate planning for example and build your reputation as a subject matter specialist.
- Good project management skills - able to assist in the management of several complex client projects and plan their own workload.
- Good communication skills - the candidate will be expected to be the point of contact on some of the client relationships in their portfolio while supporting a range of stakeholders including client contacts and PwC staff.
- Excellent written communication - including report writing, technical memo drafting and concise advice for clients.
- Efficient use of technology - in managing client relationships, carrying out analysis and producing deliverables.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more .
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more .
'The Deal', our firmwide Employee Value Proposition' empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more .
Our commitment to you
We're committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more .
If you're a person with a disability, if you're neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we'll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more .