About the role
We have an excellent new opportunity at our Kemsley Paper Mill for a Site Waste Manager to join us and help to direct and control our waste management strategy on site. You'll be managing daily operations relating to disposal of site waste streams, primarily dealing with contractors and their supervisors so that processes continue to run smoothly and can develop over time.
You'll be identifying and monitoring various targets with your colleagues, thinking about the likes sustainability, compliance, and waste stock levels, before devising strategies to continuously improve the operations on site and encourage engagement from colleagues.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring a culture of safety is maintained on site - managing safe systems of work, risk assessments, and encouraging compliance with company policies and requirements
- Carrying out contractor audits so that high standards are sustained at all times
- Assisting with cost control and preparation of financial figures for inclusion in the site's reports
- Effectively communicating KPIs to colleagues and monitoring/challenging
- Demonstrating company values through the use of Continuous Improvement principles and company initiatives
- Conducting routine tests in relation to waste management to enable effective monitoring and management of waste disposal
- Coordinating monthly meetings with contractors, addressing any issues and managing quality standards of outgoing material
Note: You will be part of an on-call rota in this role, where you are asked to be available 24/7 for 1 week out of every 7 in case of an urgent matter.
- Experience in a similar position, ideally in the Paper, Recycling or Waste Management industry
- Experience leading and motivating teams
- Holder of IOSH Managing Safely, or equivalent
- Knowledge of health and safety and a drive to maintain high standards in the workplace
- Practical understanding of quality management systems, compliance management, and raw material product specifications
- Experience in project delivery and contract management would be advantageous
- Salary up to £39,000, dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme, life assurance and income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
Location: Kemsley Mill, Sittingbourne. This role is based on site 5 days a week.