I am currently recruiting for a Street Lighting Engineering Designer to work on behalf of a leading public sector organisation based in Doncaster.
You will be responsible for the undertaking of street lighting design in relation to major highways schemes / housing developments and maintenance projects; as a project manager or member of a team of engineering / technical staff.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Feasibility study for street lighting schemes to provide cost effective solutions.
- Assessment and procurement of survey requirements that are required for the detailed design - traffic counts and topographical etc.
- Detailed design and procurement of street lighting schemes
- Liaising, programming and managing works carried out by Northern Power Grid or an Independent Connection Provider, to ensure that these works do not adversely affect the scheme programme.
- Preparation of Contract Documents as required.
- Supervision of Contractors, agreement of measurements and valuations, and the arrangement of payments.
- Produce financial, progress and performance reports, which will support the Manager in reporting effectively to any internal or external funder, i.e Sheffield City Region
- Engage in consultation with internal and external stakeholders which include but not limited to Elected Members, S.Y.Police, SYPTE, Network Rail, developers and community groups
To be successful in this role you will have the below skills and experience:
- Qualified to HNC in an Engineering discipline
- Proven experience in delivering street lighting schemes
- Technical knowledge related to street lighting.
- Knowledge of responsibilities under CDM Regulations and other relevant Health and Safety Legislation.
- Awareness of the NEC Engineering and Construction Contract.
- Ability to work alone or to lead a project team
- Experience in the use of computers, Microsoft Office, Autocad, Lighting Reality and other bespoke packages used in design.
- Understanding of the Council Financial Procedures.
- Excellent communication skills
An attractive day rate of up top £45 per hour (via Umbrella/Ltd co) is on offer and the role is full time hours Monday to Friday.
Hybrid working is offered for this role.
Please apply today to register your interest and for the chance of an immediate start.