Forming part of PwC's Business Solutions, this opportunity is for a Manager, sitting within the People Solutions Talent Acquisition team, with specific focus on early careers as part of our award winning Student Recruitment team. The Student Recruitment team is responsible for implementing and delivering the firm's student recruitment strategy to identify, attract, select and engage the best possible talent from UK Universities and schools.
As Manager, you will oversee the operations process for student hires, partnering with our HC Customer Services team to ensure pipelines are managed efficiently and candidates have a positive experience during our recruitment process. You will also represent the firm at campus and attraction events which may require travel.
- Ensure the business recruitment needs are appropriately reflected in marketing collateral including definition and agreement of selling messages.
- Delivering marketing activities to stimulate candidate flow.
- Organisation / attendance at attraction events including presentations, careers fairs, conversion events and other ad-hoc events.
- Ensure student recruitment targets are agreed and delivered upon.
- Oversee the relationships with regional university careers services, student clubs & societies and local schools.
- Regular management reporting to your key business stakeholders on progress against targets and agreement and coordination of corrective marketing where appropriate.
- Resolve complex problems and escalate as appropriate, whilst mitigating legal, financial and reputational risk.
- Support on delivery of elements of the recruitment process, such as assessment day hosting and assessing.
- Securing and maintaining buy-in and commitment from key stakeholders in the business to new and existing student recruitment initiatives.
- Work in partnership with internal teams to ensure a seamless recruitment and on-boarding experience for our candidates.
- Deliver an effective keep warm strategy.
- Manage and support the development of recruitment officers and seasonal resource
- Involvement in adhoc recruitment projects.
- Manage officer and seasonal resource - as a line manager and career coach - responsible for supporting them with their performance objectives and personal development goals.
- Act as a role model to both your team and the wider student recruitment team.
- Ensure your team are resourced and well positioned to deliver on their roles and responsibilities.
- Detailed understanding of student recruitment, the market and an ability to demonstrate that your specialist knowledge is kept up to date.
- Experience of graduate and/or school leaver recruitment as a Manager or Senior Recruitment Officer, with a good knowledge of the higher education marketplace, ideally having gained experience within the professional services sector.
- Experience in leading student recruitment programmes.
- Experience in managing teams and budgets.
- Understanding of selection tools and techniques as well as experience assessing / interviewing candidates.
- Awareness and understanding of the end to end recruitment process, including the implication of key employment legislation and pre-employment vetting, application handling and regulatory issues.
- Proactive and strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cohesively in a team.
- Ability to think creatively on candidate attraction techniques and have an enthusiasm for direct sourcing on campus.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including the proven ability to quickly build effective personal networks with clients and peers.
- Experience of operating in a high volume HC Services environment.
- Comfortable operating in a virtual environment.
- Ability to manage a team of direct reports and provide career coaching support.
- Ability to manage time and priorities to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Calm under pressure, you will be resilient and solutions driven, with a proven ability to identify and resolve key issues while managing risk.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more .
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more .
'The Deal', our firmwide Employee Value Proposition' empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more .
Our commitment to you
We're committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more .
If you're a person with a disability, if you're neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we'll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more .