Experienced Regional Technical/Design Manager (Electrical) with major M&E/Building Services background.
Reporting to the Engineering Director
National M&E Building Services Contractor
High profile project portfolio
Ideal opportunity for someone looking to move from an M&E Consultant into M&E Contracting.
Excellent career opportunities for progression with a high-end competitive salary & package.
Proven Regional Technical/Design Manager, you will have the opportunity of working for this independent provider of building services solutions in the UK with an annual turnover of in excess £300 million. Our client is one of Europe's largest privately-owned engineering and manufacturing groups.
Providing a truly national service through a network of offices around the UK. Specialising in the design, installation, and maintenance of M&E services for multimillion-pound projects, our client has established a solid reputation for technical excellence, project efficiency, commitment to quality, and timely completion.
Regional Technical/Design Manager
You will support the Regional business technically by highlighting opportunity and minimising risk by providing Technical policy, review, education, and support at a level that takes account of unit capabilities.
Assisting the Engineering Services Director in providing Technical and design support to the company's London & South East business units in appropriate M&E/Building Services delivering design, BIM/CAD, quality control, commissioning, and BMS/controls services across the region on all projects.
Managing the design and engineering budget ensures delivery on time and within budget, making the design and engineering function a key differentiator from its competitors.
Qualifications / Education and / or Experience:
• Preferably educated to Bachelor s Degree (Beng Building Services Engineering) & Chartered (CIBSE) level or above
• Previous management / people development experience would be useful, as would working within an M&E/Building Services environment
• Must have superior knowledge of technical skills requirements, and possess excellent communication skills together with a common sense and flexible approach
Essential work based aspects:
• Up-to date and relevant technical knowledge
• Auditing systems and assessment processes
• Design knowledge
• Company systems / standards awareness
• Technical legislation / regulations / health & safety knowledge
• Design software knowledge and successful embedding of BIM, cost planning at tender
• Analytical skills
• Value engineering awareness
• Relevant testing, commissioning and installation knowledge
• Report writing
• Training & facilitation skills
• IT skills
Essential behavioural aspects:
• Entrepreneurial & business acumen
• Customer focused
• Planning & organising
• Problem solving & decision making
• Development orientation
• Achievement orientation
• Change orientation / continuous improvement